- Preparation work for the launch of CROW began in December 2012.
- Master of Cyber Security programme approved by Universities NZ Committee on University Academic Programmes.
- Cyber Security Lab opened by Sir William Gallagher. It is the first dedicated cyber security academic research lab in New Zealand, and builds on the strong computer science history at the University of Waikato. http://www.waikato.ac.nz/news-events/media/2013/cyber-security-lab-launched
- Faculty invested into large-scale OpenStack testbed, i.e. Cloud8
- Visit by Bell Labs systems reliability expert Dr Veena Mendiratta.
- Awarded Fulbright Specialist Award, enabling a visit by the ‘Father of Cyber Security Education CBK’ Prof Corey Schou. http://www.waikato.ac.nz/news-events/media/2014/university-leads-the-way-with-cyber-security
- International feature contribution in OpenStack; THC IPv6 Fuzzing Suite.
- Awarded $12.23 million MBIE Science Investment Grant for STRATUS project. http://www.waikato.ac.nz/news-events/media/2014/jobs-and-markets-to-come-from-project-funding
- Awarded grant from Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Education
- Consulting contract with Vodafone signed. https://www.vodafone.co.nz/press-release/cyber-security-threats-becoming-more-sinister-and-advanced/
- Visits by Singapore Institute of Technology and Cloud Security Alliance Asia Pacific (CSA APAC) managing director Aloysius Cheang; Signed Letter of Intent with CSA APAC http://www.waikato.ac.nz/news-events/media/2014/international-visitors-boost-cyber-security-links
- Organised inaugural National Cyber Security Challenge http://www.waikato.ac.nz/news-events/media/2014/cyber-security-challenge-success
- Awarded Education New Zealand IEGF Funding http://www.waikato.ac.nz/news-events/media/2015/grant-to-promote-cyber-security
- Launched Sir William Gallagher Cyber Security Scholarship, with Sjoerd de Feijter the inaugural recipient. http://www.waikato.ac.nz/news-events/media/2015/master-of-cyber-security-student-wins-top-new-scholarship-at-waikato
- Awarded InternetNZ Internet Research Funding
- Participation in CSA APAC Education Council
- Organised National Cyber Security Challenge https://educators.co.nz/story/nzs-second-annual-cyber-security-challenge-targets-students/
- Re-launched CROW website
- Organised National Cyber Security Challenge
- Hosted ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Plenary and Working Group Meetings